Django FileBrowser Documentation
Media-Management with Grappelli.
This documentation covers version 3.5.2 of the FileBrowser.
FileBrowser 3.5.2 requires Django 1.4/1.5 and Grappelli 2.4. FileBrowser is always developed against the lastest stable Django release and is NOT tested with Djangos trunk.
Installation and Setup
Fields and Widgets
- Browse your media files with the admin-interface.
- Multiple Upload, including a progress bar.
- Automatic Thumbnails.
- Image-Versions to fit your websites grid (esp. useful with adaptive/responsive layouts).
- Integration with TinyMCE (AdvImage & AdvLink).
- FileBrowseField to select Images/Documents.
- FileInput and ClearableFileInput with Image-Preview.
- Signals for Upload, Rename and Delete.
- Custom Actions.
- Custom File Storage Engines.
Versions and Compatibility
- FileBrowser 3.5.3 (Development Version, not yet released, see Branch Stable/3.5.x)
- FileBrowser 3.5.2 (February 22 2013): Compatible with Django 1.4/1.5
- FileBrowser 3.4.3 (April 2012): Compatible with Django 1.3
Older versions are availabe at GitHub, but are not supported anymore.