Django FileBrowser Documentation¶
Media-Management with Grappelli.
FileBrowser 3.10.1 requires Django 2.0 and Grappelli 2.11.
Installation and Setup¶
- Browse your media files with the admin interface.
- Multiple upload, including a progress bar.
- Automatic thumbnails.
- Image versions to fit your websites grid (esp. useful with adaptive/responsive layouts).
- Integration with TinyMCE.
- FileBrowseField to select images/documents.
- Signals for upload, rename and delete.
- Custom actions.
- Custom file storage engines.
Versions and Compatibility¶
FileBrowser is always developed against the latest stable Django release and is NOT tested with Djangos trunk.
- FileBrowser 3.10.1 (March 21st, 2018): Compatible with Django 2.0
- FileBrowser 3.9.1 (July 13th, 2017): Compatible with Django 1.11
- FileBrowser 3.8.1 (July 13th, 2017): Compatible with Django 1.10
Current development branches:
- FileBrowser 3.10.2 (Development Version for Django = 2.0, see Branch Stable/3.10.x)
- FileBrowser 3.9.2 (Development Version for Django = 1.11, see Branch Stable/3.9.x)
- FileBrowser 3.8.2 (Development Version for Django = 1.10, see Branch Stable/3.8.x)
Older versions are available at GitHub, but are not supported anymore. Support for 3.9.x and 3.8.x is limited to security issues and very important bugfixes.