Django FileBrowser Documentation¶
Media-Management with Grappelli.
FileBrowser 4.0 requires Django 4.0 and Grappelli 3.0.
Installation and Setup¶
- Browse your media files with the admin interface.
- Multiple upload, including a progress bar.
- Automatic thumbnails.
- Image versions to fit your websites grid (esp. useful with adaptive/responsive layouts).
- Integration with TinyMCE.
- FileBrowseField to select images/documents.
- Signals for upload, rename and delete.
- Custom actions.
- Custom file storage engines.
Versions and Compatibility¶
FileBrowser is always developed against the latest stable Django release.
- FileBrowser 4.0.3 (July 27th, 2023): Compatible with Django 4.0
- FileBrowser 3.14.3 (January 12th, 2022): Compatible with Django 3.2 (LTS)
Current development branches:
- FileBrowser 4.0.4 (Development Version for Django 4.0, see Branch Stable/4.0.x)
- FileBrowser 3.14.4 (Development Version for Django 3.2, see Branch Stable/3.14.x)
Older versions are available at GitHub, but are not supported anymore.